Friday, July 15, 2005

What's New

Since I haven't been able to blog for a while, I guess I'll throw an update out on what's going on right now.

I'm in the process of moving to San Diego, CA for work. I fell in love with the area after spending two weeks there earlier in the summer.

When I'm not working, I'm coding on my ArchShadow decompiler. Nearly 3 years after its inception, it's starting to take form. It is in its (hopefully) final incarnation, as an IDAPython script. It's finally getting to the point that it can handle complex code. The following are my test cases for ArchShadow:
Finishing reverse-engineering MSDRM (non-Janus)
Reverse-engineering the unknown parts of the Skype protocol
Some random cases (SC Info for iTunes in particular)

ArchShadow is my first piece of commercial software in a long while, and I can only hope it goes well. I'd love to at least see something come out of all the time I've spent on it haha.

Well, if anyone is in the San Diego (specifically La Jolla) area and wants to hang out, let me know... looking for people to talk geek with out there ;)

Later.
Lord Daeken M. BlackBlade
(Cody Brocious)

No comments: